MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Powerbook G4/pro Tools/external Hard Drives, Newbie help
jawnzap7
posté lun. 23 janv. 2006, 01:26
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 22 janv. 06
Lieu : Philadelphia - US
Membre no 75,714

First I just wanna say thanks to everybody on this site. I just joined but, have already learned a ton just from poking around. It seems as if everybody here is very patient, and informative...now that the requisite ass-kissing is over , lets get down to business...
So I just recieved my 15 inch Powerbook G4. It's a 1.67 Ghz model, with 2 Gb of Ram, and a 100 Gb 7200 rpm Hard Drive. I am currently awaiting my M Box2 (factory bundle) with Pro Tools, via UPS.
I have read the documentation on the digidesign website, and have read that it is strongly suggested to get an external/additional hard drive, instead of using the internal boot drive. But is it necessary? I got the larger internal drive hoping that it might be sufficient. If not I can live with that. I'll spend the money if I must.
So my next question is this...is pro tools compatible with usb 2.0 external Hard drives? Or can you ONLY use firewire/sata/whatever else they list drives. The usb 2.o's are cheaper for more storage than the firewire models. But I definently believe you get what you pay for.
And what about internal drives placed in shells? That seems to be the cheapest/most economical option, but I don't know nothing about that stuff. Is it hard to do?...what is my best strategy here?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
jawnzap7
posté lun. 23 janv. 2006, 03:01
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 22 janv. 06
Lieu : Philadelphia - US
Membre no 75,714

By "shells" I meant enclosures...you said you prefer that method? Is it hard, are there any risks, as far as messing up the installation?, and if not, why would I buy an external hard drive when I can convert an internal into an external?...

I'll give you some background, and maybe that will help. I'm a hip-hop artist. So the majority of the work I'll be doing will be vocal recording. But I also do production in reason, and would like to do the whole rewire thing into pro tools, so the track counts can get somewhat high. This is my first venture into Mac, so any advice at all is greatly appreciated.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mercredi 25 sept. 2024, 13:50
- © MacMusic 1997-2008