MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Ram, Whats The Difference?
fela
posté jeu. 5 janv. 2006, 17:23
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 02 juil. 05
Lieu : London - UK
Membre no 67,386

Hi im not too clued up on the internals of computers so forgive me if my question is really obvious.

I own a G5 duel 2 ghz and i want to expand the memory from the original 512 DDR2 by an extra 2 gigs.
When buying the new memory will it have to be DDR2 in order to work with the existing 512? and also does it matter what make i get like Kingston or GeIL for instance.

Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
deaconblue
posté ven. 6 janv. 2006, 15:20
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 27 janv. 03
Lieu : Austin - US
Membre no 11,156

fela,

Any additional RAM you install needs to be of the same specifications (i.e., type, DDR, DDR2, RAMBUS, etc and speed, PC-133, 2700, etc) to work with your system. The brand is not as important. Look for a quality vendor. Samsung, Kingston, Techworks and others are fairly good to start. Look for a good warranty (at least a year or up) and then price last.

I have used Memory-X with very good results for the last 5 years. They even provide you with RAM specific to your computer by selecting the CPU from a list.

Also, check the Apple Knowledge Base article for specifications on RAM for your computer to help make the decision as well.

peace,
deacon

--------------------
...as you dream you shall become.
boxed art media
Musicians' Access
M.A.W.R web radio
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Les messages de ce sujet

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - samedi 1 juin 2024, 00:15
- © MacMusic 1997-2008