MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Ilok/ Protools M-powered
cjac9
posté mer. 30 nov. 2005, 04:43
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 09 juil. 05
Lieu : Dallas - US
Membre no 67,592

So i bought Cubase over the summer and it came with a copy protection key a.k.a. dongle. I've lost it. But cubase wont replace it, they tell me that i need to buy Cubase all again. I will not buy it again...and if I find my key I'm selling Cubase. I have started to look into Protools LE and M-powered. I'm a fan of the M-Audio Firewire 410 interface and would like to use that with the M-Powered software.

There is something included with M-Powered (not included with LE) called an iLok though. Is this one of those dongle things that I will probably lose?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
beyaRecords
posté mer. 30 nov. 2005, 08:18
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 07 juil. 03
Lieu : Nottingham - UK
Membre no 20,901

QUOTE (cjac9 @ Nov 30 2005, 04:43)
There is something included with M-Powered (not included with LE) called an iLok though. Is this one of those dongle things that I will probably lose?

cjac9,
I feel your pain! but I am amazed Steinberg have taken that stance with a registered user!, and as one I would insist that they sell you a replacement key.

I have recently purchased an iLok key and I think it is a better system than dongles used by Steinberg for a few reasons:

1. Your license details are held on a database you can access via the web.
2. You setup an account to which you can add as many dongles as you like. To transfer license details from one dongle to another is $40 I think, so should you loose or damage a key at anytime you simply have to buy another key, register it to your account, and download all of your details onto that key and away you go.

Beya
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Les messages de ce sujet

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (2 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - samedi 19 oct. 2024, 10:18
- © MacMusic 1997-2008