MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Firepod Not Getting Much Level..., at all!
kelly001
posté dim. 6 nov. 2005, 21:19
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 06 nov. 05
Lieu : Arlington - US
Membre no 72,200

I just purchased the firepod yesterday and I'm having problems with getting any real level. I tried to record separately a vibraphone (with a MXL V67 with phantom power on) and vocals with an Audix OM5 and in both cases, I barely get any level on the channels I decide to record on. And I mean, barely any. I'll be lucky if the meter on the channel even lights up. What am I missing? Is the unit defective? Is there a pad somewhere?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
Hearandnow
posté jeu. 17 nov. 2005, 19:10
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 16 nov. 05
Lieu : Gainesville - US
Membre no 72,617

I have switched over to Cubase SE to take advantage of the simple layout. And at this point I hav tried using Garageband as well. I have gotten inputs 3 and 4 to register with whatever software I am using. I am now getting a signal to whatever input I choose to record to, but the level is still low regardless of input/mic source/instrument source. Even with the input level on the Firebox at 3 o'clock the faders in either the Firebox mixer or the Cubase mixer all the way up, and the output on a source (my Fender Musicman bass, for instance) all the way up the signal is still miniscule. I tried to avoid the Firebox completely and record a Mic signal straight into my Powermac's analog audio in and the signal level is substantially higher. I emailed Tech Support at Presonus to see what they thought and got two responses, both suggesting there is an input level problem with the Firebox and I should return it for a new one. I am going to keep fiddling with it for a little while longer before I give up and send it back. I have just uninstalled everything to do with the Firebox and reinstalled it to "start from scratch." We'll see how that works.

I have also noted that when I disconnect my nearfield monitors from the Firebox, they are silent, even with the 1/4 inch cables hanging loosely. When I reconnect them to the Firebox and set my Mac's output to the Firebox, my monitors are noticeably noisy. They even pick up strange interference from my lcd monitors when I am scrolling up and down on webpages. This also makes me think maybe there is a problem with the unit.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (2 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - lundi 23 sept. 2024, 22:21
- © MacMusic 1997-2008