MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Firepod Not Getting Much Level..., at all!
kelly001
posté dim. 6 nov. 2005, 21:19
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 06 nov. 05
Lieu : Arlington - US
Membre no 72,200

I just purchased the firepod yesterday and I'm having problems with getting any real level. I tried to record separately a vibraphone (with a MXL V67 with phantom power on) and vocals with an Audix OM5 and in both cases, I barely get any level on the channels I decide to record on. And I mean, barely any. I'll be lucky if the meter on the channel even lights up. What am I missing? Is the unit defective? Is there a pad somewhere?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
rickenbacker
posté jeu. 17 nov. 2005, 11:08
Message #2

Maniac Member

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 17 mai 02
Lieu : Broughton
Membre no 4,705

Is the gain turned up for the input channel on the FireBox? Do you have Input 1 (or whichever physical input jack you've plugged into on the FireBox) selected in Logic for the track you wish to record on? Is the level slider turned up on the track in Logic? Is the track record-enabled (click Rec in the channel strip or R in the track name)? Have you checked your set-up in the FireBox Mixer app?

There's almost certainly nothing wrong with any of your equipment. In Logic, if you select a track for recording (say Audio 3), in the left-hand column at the bottom is a window showing the parameters for that track - input, output, meter, gain fader and so on. To choose where to get incoming audio from, click and hold Input (under I/O) and select your chosen input, whether it's the front panel jacks on the FireBox (1 and 2) or one of the rear inputs (3 and 4).

In the FireBox Mixer, I have Mix to Phones enabled, my Mixer Output is Main and Playback is 1/2 (these are the output channels). This provides latency-free monitoring.

Apologies if all this is obvious to you - I can't tell from your post. Let us know how you get on.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - lundi 23 sept. 2024, 22:27
- © MacMusic 1997-2008