MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Cubase Sx Or Ableton Live?
humphz
posté jeu. 6 oct. 2005, 22:08
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 10 mars 05
Lieu : - UK
Membre no 62,093

Hi

I have managed to get my hands on both Cubase SX & Ableton Live 4 ( a good friend was upgrading and he did me a good deal).

Decisions, decisions, decisions...

Which one would suit me best?

I have an emu audity 2000 which i would love to get cranked and would like to use audio samples too but at the moment dont have any way of heraring the two together. (but i do have an analogue mixer but unsure how to set it all up)

This is my first attempt at trying to make my music and although im a wiz when it comes to macs the music side of things kinda baffles me sometimes.

any ideas welcome?

cheers

Humphz

--------------------
Power Mac G5 1.6GHZ, 1.25 RAM, Apple 17inch Studio Display, Cubase SX 1.0.4, Garageband, MidiSport 2x2, Emu Audity 2000 Sound Module, Roland PC 160A Midi Controller, Topaz S-Series S16-4 Mixer, Sony Computer Monitors.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
mortalengines
posté sam. 8 oct. 2005, 02:46
Message #2

Advanced Member

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 08 mai 05
Lieu : Portland - US
Membre no 65,373

There is a learning curve with both of these. Live is not considered to be on par with certain sequencing programs like Cubase or Logic but, it is still pretty kick ass & pretty easy to get into. If you read interviews with the pros they all seem to use Logic, Cubase or Digital Performer (Pro Tools as well but, PT is not known for its MIDI capabilities). Lots of pros use Live as well - usually inside of some other program, like Pro Tools. Use both....you can use Live inside of Cubase via Rewire (I think) & you would be well on your way. Also, I hope to hell that you have (or get) a proper license to use these programs it is very uncool to use unlicensed software.

Ce message a été modifié par mortalengines - sam. 8 oct. 2005, 02:49.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - lundi 23 sept. 2024, 16:33
- © MacMusic 1997-2008