MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Where To Go From Here
loudestnoise
posté sam. 3 sept. 2005, 23:58
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 19 oct. 04
Lieu : Nashville - US
Membre no 53,553

I am an Audio Engineering student in college and I would like to get some better gear for my personal stuff. I currently have a Mbox and a 12" PowerBook with 1.25GB of RAM. Here's what I am thinking. I know I don't love ProTools. I bought an Mbox because I thought ProTools was the thing, but post coming to school I've learned otherwise. I'm thinking I want to move towards logic or cubase. I've been looking at the PreSonus FireBox because one, I want a firewire interface, and two it comes with Cubase LE. I am a college student, therefore funds are very limited, but I can definitely put the $400 together to get a FireBox. Do yall think this is a good direction to go, or there any other firewire interfaces out there that you would reccomend instead of the FireBox?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
rickenbacker
posté lun. 3 oct. 2005, 16:37
Message #2

Maniac Member

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 17 mai 02
Lieu : Broughton
Membre no 4,705

There's another, lengthy PreSonus thread on these boards - try and find that, as you'll get a better idea of the various schools of thought. I personally didn't like the look of Saffire (standalone device, not rack), it only having two analogue inputs (PreSonus has four, plus two digital), the software being a bit fiddly (and not all THAT impressive), the preamp/headphone volume being a bit quiet (whereas the PreSonus is LOUD) and the knobs on the front of the device being impossible to read unless you're two feet away. There were just a lot of small, irritating factors about it and groovy stuff that the box promises that actually doesn't quite work as you hoped it would. Disengenuous marketing, really. The PreSonus, on the other hand, doesn't promise the earth but delivers on everything. It's 96KHz, whereas the Saffire is 192, but 96 is plenty high enough quality for me.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Les messages de ce sujet

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - jeudi 19 sept. 2024, 10:46
- © MacMusic 1997-2008