MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
> Recording A Djembe, CAn't get that studio sound
Seth Peterson
posté lun. 6 juin 2005, 17:04
Message #1

Rookie

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 21 mars 05
Lieu : San Francisco - US
Membre no 62,759

I have a selection of mics, use 98khz, and have a decent preamp but still can't get a good recording that captures the tone. I was thinking it might be the small room but not shure. Any help?

--------------------
Mac Book Pro Intel 2 duo, 2.16 2gb ram, Cubase 4, Reason 3.5, Peak, motu 828mkII, OctoPre Le, some mics and Ideas, and your helpful tips.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
willismatt
posté jeu. 15 sept. 2005, 14:11
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 13 sept. 05
Lieu : Perth - AU
Membre no 69,944

Maybe try micing the djembe from underneath. Don't stick it inside the shell, try to capture where the note and the tone meet. Stick your head under the instrument and find where your ear tells you is the optimum point, put your mic there and see how you go.

Room does come into into the equasion. To battle the small room element try putting a reflective board (even a small - 1 metre high, chest of draws or stereo cabinent behind the mic...if you get my drift. This will amplify certain tones that may capture the true tone, or at least capture some 'false' bass sounds.

See what you think. Trust your ears.

willismatt blink.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - lundi 23 sept. 2024, 03:32
- © 440 Forums 2011