MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Os X Disaster Recovery From Powerbook, Oh help this suxors
dinofond
posté jeu. 18 août 2005, 21:20
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 04 mai 05
Lieu : Covina - US
Membre no 65,175

I have the elusive blinking folder on boot with my power book running OS X 3.9 with a question mark. I was on the road to Denver working on a track for an artist I am engineering, I had about 7 tracks going and opened up the Sampler in Logic Pro. It froze, after waiting about a half hour I shut the notebook down. When I rebooted I was in OS X hell. I need to recover this song, I am assuming it’s a bad hard drive. I know there is a way to hook a fire wire drive up and boot the machine to do a complete backup. Before I troubleshot the notebook to see if I can fix it I need to do the data recovery. Any help with the recovery and repair would be absolutely helpful.

Thanks,

-Dino
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
dinofond
posté ven. 19 août 2005, 20:20
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 04 mai 05
Lieu : Covina - US
Membre no 65,175

It helps big time, I have a firewire drive so I will attemp the back up right away. I will let you all know how it worked out. I wish I could find a copy of OSX .3, I am afraid to reformat with 10.4 because all of the Logic issues I have read about, plus I'm not sure if the disk repair utility will work from Tiger either since the notebook is running 10.3.9

You know working in IT for over 10 years does not mean I am OS X literate. If I get into the shell I have no issues, but the gui I am still quite the novice. It's frusterating but this site helps out so much. Thank you everyone.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (2 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mercredi 9 oct. 2024, 04:20
- © MacMusic 1997-2008