MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Hardware Crash, mac crash under OSX
eaks
posté dim. 19 juin 2005, 19:05
Message #1

Groupe : Validating
Inscrit : 05 août 03
Lieu : CA
Membre no 22,521

theres people saying that a computer running mac OSX shall never crash. What should I think of mine, sometimes crashing for no appearent reason. could it be the non-kingston ram? or the 2408 mkII audio card?

the screen turns darker and the computer freezes on a message in 4 languages saying I have to press the power button for several time so it can shut. Sometimes it's accompanied by a few messages such as cpu0 panic and/or talking about ethernet routing or wrong ip adresses. But most of the time, th ethernet wire is unplugged from that computer (G4 2x1,25Ghz w/ 1,75Ghz RAM)

any suggestions?
did it ever happened to one of you guys?

--------------------
you wish!!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
lepetitmartien
posté lun. 20 juin 2005, 23:58
Message #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Icône de groupe

Groupe : Editors
Inscrit : 23 déc. 01
Lieu : Paris - FR
Membre no 2,758

No not harmful for the mac, but on the software level you may never know… Try to keep things clean to the max, I'd run once a day the Apple drive utility to be sure (restart from the instal disk and select the ADU from the install menu).

it's not the end of the world but something is wrong. cool.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (2 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - lundi 14 oct. 2024, 05:27
- © MacMusic 1997-2008