MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Turntable-izm-shcizm, Interface to record with a G5
humphz
posté sam. 11 juin 2005, 07:47
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 10 mars 05
Lieu : - UK
Membre no 62,093

Hi Everyone.

In need of any feedback or help conserning Apple G5 and turntables and mixing n stuff?

Been mixing n stuff for as long as ive been breathing, just love music, any type any style. Love it. Period! I have a G5 and I would like to hook up my decks and record me in the mix.

What are the options (on a tight budgeot) audio interface, audio card and software to get the sounds in and recorded and sounded tight.

Any advice would be surely welcome.

Humphz

--------------------
Power Mac G5 1.6GHZ, 1.25 RAM, Apple 17inch Studio Display, Cubase SX 1.0.4, Garageband, MidiSport 2x2, Emu Audity 2000 Sound Module, Roland PC 160A Midi Controller, Topaz S-Series S16-4 Mixer, Sony Computer Monitors.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
lepetitmartien
posté sam. 11 juin 2005, 15:44
Message #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Icône de groupe

Groupe : Editors
Inscrit : 23 déc. 01
Lieu : Paris - FR
Membre no 2,758

You need an interface with RIAA correction included (else you'll need it in between the turntables and the interface). From a quick internet search I found:

- ART microPRE
- XPsound XP-202
- RME HDSP RPM (may need something else to work, not sure)

There may be others… along with using a regular USB interface with an RIAA EQ (ART among other are making them). I don't know any of them, but RME is reliable and of top quality. But as all RME products, I can't decipher the website to know if something else is needed, they are rather confusing (it's an hammerfal product, does it need the PCI/cardbus?). Other products are just out so no news altogether.

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Les messages de ce sujet

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - dimanche 13 oct. 2024, 21:23
- © MacMusic 1997-2008