MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Tascam Or Quattro, Help Needed
JoeS
posté mar. 13 août 2002, 01:19
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 13 août 02
Lieu : Florence - US
Membre no 6,821

I am looking to set up a home studio, and am trying to understand all that's involved. I have started collecting elements slowly and have a Mackie 1202, condenser mic, and Cubase VST. I will using this on a 366 mHz iBook with 196 RAM and 10 gb drive. Yes, I realize I might need a Firewire hard drive at some point. And I'll probably be purchasing a desktop G4 fairly soon. I'll be recording instrumentals (solo, multi-tracking) on guitar, flute and keyboard. I'd like to have the option of including MIDI at some point.
I assume my next puchase needs to be a USB A/D/A converter. I'd like to keep costs around $250-300 (probably by buying used).
I've been checking out the Midiman Quattro and the Tascam 428. Am I on the right track regarding what I need to get started? Do these perform similar functions?
Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Joe S.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
Synthetik
posté lun. 26 août 2002, 01:02
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 10 juil. 02
Lieu : Minneapolis - US
Membre no 5,668

Id say go for the Quattra, instead of the US428.

First off you already have a mixer.
You will get better sound through the Quattra, and be happier over all with you music.

The only thing I like the US428 for is its a really inexpencive Control surface.
They audio quality lacks, as does the MIDI but being able to use it for transport and fader levels, and FX sends is cool.

You won't be able to do that with you 1202 but hey you'll like what comes out of the 1202 and Quattra smile.gif smile.gif

--------------------
BING BING BLEEP ERRRRRRR[I]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Les messages de ce sujet

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mardi 17 sept. 2024, 00:39
- © MacMusic 1997-2008