MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Imac Motherboard, got to change
eaks
posté mar. 22 mars 2005, 21:28
Message #1

Groupe : Validating
Inscrit : 05 août 03
Lieu : CA
Membre no 22,521

Hi everybody, I recently had problems with my Imac G3 DvSe and got it checked. It happens to be the logicboard... They tell me its worth $350 CAD only for the board... The thing is that I need this oldie as well to work. Do you guys think I'll pay too much for the repair. I checked on ebay to see if there would be equivalent boards to sell and theres no. Also, I guess its touchy to change it all by myself...

I need advices pls. Did someone ever had a similar problem. Would I be better off buyin a similar used one...it could break the same way in not much time...
shall i go new, or used...

tx.

--------------------
you wish!!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
minskybabs
posté jeu. 14 avril 2005, 11:19
Message #2

Rookie

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 23 avril 03
Lieu : Brighton - UK
Membre no 16,643

In the UK there is a manual produced by a company called Haynes that tells you how to do various things to MACs, like upgrade processors, change hard drives memory, add airport etc. It may be useful, or this may be beyond the scope of the book. It is fairly major having to try and do stuff like that...

Maybe you could try getting the stuff off your hard drive, or removing your hard drive and installing it in a second hand MAC tower? They appear to be really cheap in UK for old G4 quicksilver etc. Not as good looking as the last generation of Imacs I know, but possibly more powerful, or as other posters say, a MAC mini?

Need to be careful you don't waste good money on trying to fix old machine...

HTH Jake.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Les messages de ce sujet

Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (4 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - lundi 14 oct. 2024, 21:26
- © MacMusic 1997-2008