MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Tascam Or Quattro, Help Needed
JoeS
posté mar. 13 août 2002, 01:19
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 13 août 02
Lieu : Florence - US
Membre no 6,821

I am looking to set up a home studio, and am trying to understand all that's involved. I have started collecting elements slowly and have a Mackie 1202, condenser mic, and Cubase VST. I will using this on a 366 mHz iBook with 196 RAM and 10 gb drive. Yes, I realize I might need a Firewire hard drive at some point. And I'll probably be purchasing a desktop G4 fairly soon. I'll be recording instrumentals (solo, multi-tracking) on guitar, flute and keyboard. I'd like to have the option of including MIDI at some point.
I assume my next puchase needs to be a USB A/D/A converter. I'd like to keep costs around $250-300 (probably by buying used).
I've been checking out the Midiman Quattro and the Tascam 428. Am I on the right track regarding what I need to get started? Do these perform similar functions?
Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Joe S.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
xingu
posté mar. 13 août 2002, 14:46
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 25 juil. 02
Lieu : Strongsville - US
Membre no 6,217

I know there's conflicting info. out there on the Quattro, so I can only speak from personal experience (and note that I'm completely new to Macs and recording, digital or otherwise).

After fiddling around for about a month with no luck, I sent my Quattro back. If you care to read about any particulars of my problems, see: http://www.macmusic.org/agora/forums/index...T&f=1&t=2535&s=

I decided on the Tascam US-428, mostly because it gave me 4 audio inputs and two MIDI ports in one package. I got it this past weekend and have not experienced any problems yet. Not sure if this applies to you, but it's been particularly nice, especially not being an avid Mac user, that I have everything running fine in OSX with Reason 2.0 and Deck 3.5. Now I just have to decypher the software! biggrin.gif Good luck.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Les messages de ce sujet

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (2 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mardi 17 sept. 2024, 00:44
- © MacMusic 1997-2008