MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
> Headphones
inadaze
posté ven. 19 sept. 2003, 19:08
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 30 juil. 02
Lieu : Greenfield Park - CA
Membre no 6,385

I'm in the market for some new headphones for recording music on my computer. Could anyone suggest a brand that is good? I would also like some idea of what is good quality. Maybe list somethings to look for in a set of headphones...
I'm also a poor student and i'm looking in the range of 100-150 dollars Canadian (or less if possible).

Thanks
Jay
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
dave-g
posté mer. 2 févr. 2005, 19:56
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 03 juil. 04
Lieu : Christiansted - US
Membre no 46,231

I've gotta agree with eaks on the sound of the Grado's. they are great 'phones for listening, and really make acoustic music come alive. I've never used them in the studio, mostly at home with an ASL triode headphone amp and CAL CL15 CD player and the combo was really musical.

so to clarify my earlier post here are my headphone preferences:
Senn HD 600 for the studio, super comfortable and about as neutral as you can get (or want)
Etymotic ER4s/p for the road & work, might sound better than the HD600's and block out most noise.
Grado SR80 (or higher if you got them) for kicking back with a good jazz cd and bottle of Grey Goose and just enjoying the music... they aren't anywhere near neutral and that's what makes them so good! I haven't spent a lot of time with the 325's, but from what i can remember they were great.

For the Ety's and the Senn I use a Porta Corda II amp for the road and a ASL MG Head 32 Triode amp for home and studio. the grado headphones seem to be really efficient and operate fine straight from the mixer and even my ipod! (your mileage my vary)

--------------------
Wave Creative Services
Christiansted, St. Croix, US Virgin Islands
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mardi 4 juin 2024, 17:04
- © 440 Forums 2011