MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Have I Fried My Firewire?
dijerydack
posté dim. 30 janv. 2005, 13:19
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 14 mars 04
Membre no 38,463

Hello There.
I was attempting to link a couple of macs with firewire to transer some files. I blatantly didn't know what I was doing and I couldnt get it to work. The problem is that my M-Audio Firewire 410 which was working wonderfully is now not recognised. It is still drawing power from the fw port as the blue light is flashing but it jsut wont recognise. Have I fried the ports or do they just need reseting or something?

(im using a graphite crt imac 600mhz 512mb)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
lepetitmartien
posté lun. 31 janv. 2005, 18:06
Message #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Icône de groupe

Groupe : Editors
Inscrit : 23 déc. 01
Lieu : Paris - FR
Membre no 2,758

Maybe the ports have not properly reset, first zap the PRAM and NVRAM, then disconnect everything, and reset the motherBoard/buses.

Zap the PRAM/NVRAM:

hold command-option-P-R on start up, the screen should stay black, hold till you hear the start up sound. Two start up sound you've reset PRAM and NVRAM.

For NVRAM you can do it also thru openfirmware.

Reset the motherboard:

disconnect everything, open the mac, touch the metal (statics), locate the lithium battery, near it there should be a tiny tiny button. Press it 20 seconds. You're done.

Keep the mac unplugged totally at least 3-5 minutes, it'll clear the ports too.

On the other end of the chain, look in the 410 manual how to reset the interface also.

The only way to fry a FW port is to plug he cable the wrong way, once done, it's over in a few seconds. And the cure is a motherboard replacement.

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (4 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - dimanche 20 oct. 2024, 23:06
- © MacMusic 1997-2008