MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> G4 800 or Mini, RAM, and other contingencies, i really need the help so sorry :)
pinnocio
posté sam. 22 janv. 2005, 16:43
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 19 janv. 05
Lieu : Ramat Hasharon - IL
Membre no 58,740

hello mates, i'm so very new to mac.
i want to leave PC (hopefully for good) and move into mac.
now i don't have much money and i'm concidering 2 machines -
used Power G4 800mhz with 512mb
or the Mac mini 1.42mhz with 256mb
now here the story doesn't end...
i plan on buying (for both so it doesn't matter regarding the money cost)
a FIREWIRE HDD 160GB 7200, M-AUDIO FIREWIRE AUDIOPHILE and a 1GB Ram stick (not apples so again, it doesn't regard the money cost).
I use my current P4 2.4 with 1GB ram and EMU 1212m mainly for MIDI projects, classical and film scoring using only samples through kontakt (nothing external) and VST plugins (some VSTis but nothing heavy).
My dilema is very simple i guess but for me it's a mess, getting the Power G4 means i can have up to 2GB RAM but a slower Processor and an older version. Getting the Mac Mini means i'll have a brandnew hardware but only a 1GB limit.
As i said i plan on loading alot of samples but as i've calculated the amout that i load into kontakt, it turns out to 750-800 MB, so a 1GB plus Virtual memory can handle it... i guess.. but still i havn't god a clue if it's worth it... any suggestions? thanks alot, Yoav smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
pinnocio
posté sam. 22 janv. 2005, 18:33
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 19 janv. 05
Lieu : Ramat Hasharon - IL
Membre no 58,740

thanks for the reply mate, but are you saying 1GB won't hold?

i mean, basically what i'm doing is loading samples into kontakt via DFD which uses almost none of the physical memory and plus - all the samples will be on the new FIREWIRE 160 GB 7200 HD which i'm sure is FAST right?
which leaves most of the memory for the OSX and the DIGITAL PERFORMER... so isn't it worth it?

cause the upgrades u mentiond will cost me almost as buying a new G5... or - much more than the mini mac with the upgrades... and i just can't afford all this... so?

thanks again, yoav
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Les messages de ce sujet

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - lundi 21 oct. 2024, 00:55
- © MacMusic 1997-2008