MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
> Ns10s ....do They Just Look Good?, ..not enough bass.......
posté mer. 24 juil. 2002, 01:17
Message #1

Groupe :
Inscrit : --
Membre no 0

the high end is very harsh (loud) and seems not too have anough bass for the little black box.
are these good for electronic music?
..or just for rock/jazz/pop...
i know every high end studio has a pair, but maybe cause they record rock/jazz/pop, and not 4/4 beats.
when i finish a track and it sounds good on them...
..i play it on a stereo and there is no bottom, and just sounds different.
heX
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
lepetitmartien
posté jeu. 25 juil. 2002, 22:22
Message #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Icône de groupe

Groupe : Editors
Inscrit : 23 déc. 01
Lieu : Paris - FR
Membre no 2,758

Hu… NS10 is a loudspeaker ?

yes biggrin.gif

Ns10 is no mac hardware ?

uh… no huh.gif

NS10 is no software ?

uh neither blink.gif

So why this thread was in the beginning in the Mac OS 9 forum blink.gif blink.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

[/moderation mode]

Now for your room… first remember than NS10s are nothing close to a perfect balanced quiet flat response speaker. Exactly not that. That mainly why some use them so much. Second are they rightly disposed, are you mixing at equal distance from them, right down the sweet spot? Are they close to walls, corners or other flat surfaces (mixer, table…) are they standing up, or laying flat?

The room… how is it big (or small) ? The smaller, the more looking like a cube the worse it is.

Did your run some audio cd from them. It helps to know HOW it should sound from it

If you hear a LOT more bass on your bed, maybe there's a knob of standing waves resonating with the dimensions of the room (either adding like here or anulating each other)

For proper info on the placement of loudspeakers check the genelec website http://www.genelec.com/ht/faq see the last q&a. I can't tell you to check the SOS website (except if you're a subscriber) as the article on that is in his subscriber only 6 month period. But the genelec faq wil be helpfull enough. I used their insight for monitor placement ot a friend studio (with big JBLs on stands) it improved dramatically the result which was before muddy with an oversized bass to something much more clean and equal (it was just a question of 20 cm and of angle of speakers).

hope for the better (well, something better taht is wink.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - dimanche 29 sept. 2024, 21:47
- © 440 Forums 2011