MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
> What Else Do I Need For My Setup?, I have a IMac G5 20", DP 4.5, ..........
everybodysnobody
posté mer. 3 nov. 2004, 00:22
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 14 janv. 04
Lieu : Jacksonville - US
Membre no 33,197

Hi Everyone,

I currently have the new IMAC G5 20" with 2GB of ram. I'm using digital performer 4.5 and have recently bought a tascam FW1884 for my audio interface. I also have a Korg Triton Le-88 Workstation, Mackie hr824 monitors, 2 AKG C1000S and 2 AKG C3000B mics. I haven't really started recording anything but mostly just reading manuals and playing around with things in digital performer recording keyboard riffs and licks. I'm curious or kind of confused on what else I need as far as compressors, mic-preamps, additional hardware, possibly a midi controller to complete a basic set-up to where I can begin playing around and start to learn the ins and outs of recording live music as well as writing a lot of beats and electronic music. Any advice on how to improve my set-up and maximize my set-up is extremely appreciated. Thank you.

Ryan.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s)
everybodysnobody
posté jeu. 4 nov. 2004, 00:39
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 14 janv. 04
Lieu : Jacksonville - US
Membre no 33,197

Davd Bourke,

The Tascam is a Audio/Midi Interface. I checked out the Aphex 207 on musicians friend and really like it. I'm going to read more about it and may end up just going with that. I definitely need a preamp for the mics badly.

I am learning more and more about dp 4.5 every day, there's so many features and being a new mac user as well as a new DP user the manuals are a bit overwhelming and will definitly take some serious time to master. What encouraged me to use DP was when I was in the studio they used a mac G4 with dp 4.0 and I loved the simplicity of it which I think is not that complicated to learn the basics but very complicated to master. I was going to go with pro tools since everyone rants and raves about it so much, but I just hate things that are really proprietary which is what I believe pro tools is but am not sure on that 100%. Thank you so much for the advice.

Ryan.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - dimanche 16 juin 2024, 06:22
- © 440 Forums 2011