MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> One Of The Last Maclabs In Highschool
Realchaos1
posté mar. 26 août 2003, 04:18
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 26 août 03
Lieu : Anacortes - US
Membre no 23,613

I goto Anacortes High School, one of the last high schools that have an up-to-date Maclab running the latest equiptment we can get our hands on. Last summer the maclab teacher managed to get enough money to purchase 10 new emacs and had some imacs from the following year, along with some crusty 1997 macs on the otherside for the less serious students.

We have Video Editing with 3 nice 3000$ video cameras along with the power of G4's and old school video editing equiptment along with the power of Final Cut Pro. Washingtons Art Institute of Seattle buzzying around us with there 3000$ LCD projectors and Dell laptops.

Well this summer our teacher Mr. Thompson got big cash yet again for the maclab. He was looking into several different music composing software and looked into building a music production studio right in our highschool.

He says a lot of our stuff would be considered college level fun at highschool for free. biggrin.gif

I heard he ordered G5's...

BUT HERE IS WHAT IM REALLY WANTING TO KNOW, THIS TEACHER DOOD IS REALLY WANTING TO MAKE A STUDIO! For local bands to record there demo's and sound tracks for fun or for a project for there class, or recording voice overs for different things like video, cartoons, eta.

Can you give a little input on what we could do? (well this guy is no music studio producer, he is lost and he needs help. He came to me, but I had no clue. All I have is my Drum Machine and a computer with rebirth.)

blink.gif Me a n00b, so is our teacher! biggrin.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s) (1 - 3)
mrdavidsalazar
posté mar. 26 août 2003, 15:57
Message #2

Inscrit : 13 août 03
Lieu : Riverside - US
Membre no 22,947

It seems to me that your school will stick to MAC, look into Digital Performer
(Mark of thr Unicorn) www.motu.com
Digital Performer will take care of everything in a studio. I have used it for everything Music, Voice Overs, TV Radio, Sound Effects, Live, Videos and Demos. You can take adavntage of the Dual processors from the New G5.
Digital Performer has Midi, Audio and Mixing in Surround Sound 5.1, 6.1, 7.1 and 10.2
Has plenty of effects and unlimited tracks (depending on your memory and hardrive)
You can convert your files to almost any format. You can also export your project so Pro Tools can read your tracks. You can also sync to video. I have seen people use it for concerts as well. You will need the interfaces ofcourse, MOTU sells that as well. Your teacher might be able to get a educational discount. So call MOTU and find out. I also plan to set up a college in Texas with a Digital Perfomer studio class because I know the music director there and I recommended DP4 (the newest version).
Trust me you won't be dissapointed!

+Quote Post
dixiechicken
posté mar. 26 août 2003, 17:18
Message #3

Icône de groupe

Groupe : Team
Inscrit : 19 mars 03
Lieu : Umeå - SE
Membre no 14,645

Just to add, the fact that DP-4.1, thats du out anytime soon will in fact work as front end for a
ProTools rig with TDM/DAE format/protocols.

DP4 is awesome, & fun to use.

Cheers: Dixiechicken

--------------------
==================
Oh my god it's full of stars…
---------------------------------------------------
Mac-G5-2x.2.0, OS-X 10.5.1, 250/200Gb HD - 7.0Gb ram
DP-5.13, Motu 828 MK-II, MTP AV Usb, ltst drvs,
Kurzweil-2000, EPS-16, Proteus-2000, Yamaha 01V
Emes Kobalt monitors
================================

+Quote Post
Doug
posté mer. 27 août 2003, 11:59
Message #4

Inscrit : 31 déc. 02
Lieu : London - UK
Membre no 10,393

Hi,

Can I just make aa plea for old fashioned half analogue with real knobs and digitaal tape. In addition to DP4.1 purchase a 16-8-2 desk and ALESIS 8tr recorder. I train computer based students in recording technology in London UK, and find them eager to learn where the computer interface comes from and the joy (and ease of learning) when they have 'real knobs and sliders' to get their fingers on !

I believe its an AND/AND not EITHER/OR re computers and their attempts to emulate the original hardware. If yoy want more information contact me directly.

Doug

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mardi 15 oct. 2024, 14:16
- © MacMusic 1997-2008