MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> G4 Fw800 & Ddr Pc2700 Sdram Prob, G4 FW800 and DDR SDRAM
Claudio
posté mer. 26 mars 2003, 02:10
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 22 févr. 02
Lieu : Adelaide
Membre no 3,538

I've just bought a new G4 FW800 1.25GHz DP and a Digi001. The G4 came with 256MB installed. I tried to install a new DDR PC2700 (333Mhz bus) 512MB SDRAM and I'm having trouble. When I boot the G4 it's just dead. The monitor doesn't come on, the HD doesn't kick in, an occasional whirring sound from the G4. I've tried the SDRAM in each of the available DIMM slots. I've also tried it by itself without the Apple 256M RAM. When I remove it everything's OK. The SDRAM is from OWC in the States and is guaranteed to be better than Apple's specs. I even removed my Digi001 card and tried the new SDRAM in every possible combination as above, but no good.

I've got a nastly feeling that it's the SDRAM. Anybody else have similar probs?

Ce message a été modifié par lepetitmartien - mer. 26 mars 2003, 04:58.

--------------------
claudio (composer)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s) (1 - 1)
lepetitmartien
posté mer. 26 mars 2003, 04:58
Message #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Icône de groupe

Groupe : Editors
Inscrit : 23 déc. 01
Lieu : Paris - FR
Membre no 2,758

Looks like (I change my whole answer as your description is much more helpful for debugging now) your RAM is either not compatible, or screwed.

Get it back to the shop! Now!

It may be better than Apple specs, but at least it doesn't follow them enough to work. laugh.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (2 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mardi 15 oct. 2024, 20:26
- © MacMusic 1997-2008