MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Music Time, Dinosaurs and Music Time help
msteach
posté ven. 6 déc. 2002, 00:20
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 21 oct. 02
Lieu : Tollhouse - US
Membre no 8,674

I am using an imac dv special with an external harddrive of 120gigs with a Clavonia keyboard and a friends borrowed sequencer. Using Music Time software, I could not get it to play material prevously recorder and brought into Music Time. I could get it to play material from the midi 1 (keyboard0 and the tutorials. Music time recorded the sequerencer tracks and they showed on the screen. We just couldn't hear them to help editing go faster! Any help would be appreciated.

Also, my school has old macs running system 7's and finale 3 somethings. I haven't been able to get them set up to record midi data. I seem to remember the old midi manager being important...Is that still out in cyber space or is something newer abvailable.

Hope this is good enuf info for any help! Thanks so much! blink.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s) (1 - 2)
lepetitmartien
posté sam. 7 déc. 2002, 08:27
Message #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Icône de groupe

Groupe : Editors
Inscrit : 23 déc. 01
Lieu : Paris - FR
Membre no 2,758

I don't know this Clavonia and music time, but have you seen if the software and the keyboard can communicate in both directions?

Is the connection midi or USB ?

If midi, you need 2 cables running between the midi interface and the keyboards from the out of one to the in of the other, twice.

If USB maybe it's a problem of sonfig of the software… is there something in the manual ? Have you preferences in the file or Edit menu.

For the other question, check for OMS (open music system previously developed by Opcode) using the search button wink.gif Midi manager is dead for a very long time now. And OMS is dead too, but it helps a lot still. Be aware that OMS is a bit temperamental so… but you know where to gather some help don't you?

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
ryosode
posté dim. 8 déc. 2002, 02:51
Message #3

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 07 nov. 01
Lieu : San Jose - US
Membre no 2,270

Did you mean Clavia (a keyboard maker) or Clavinova (Yamaha branded keyboard)? Either way, as lepetitmartien mentioned, if you want to hear the MIDI notes, you need to have MIDI out from the Mac (presumably you have some kind of MIDI I/O device to help Mac get and send MIDI data?) going into your keyboard's MIDI in. Once that's done, you need to make sure your keyboard is listening to the MIDI note coming from your Mac. I guess you need to read the manual for that.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (2 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - vendredi 11 oct. 2024, 03:19
- © MacMusic 1997-2008