MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Is M Audio Firwire Compatible With Emac?
Foxyphil
posté dim. 11 déc. 2005, 22:36
Message #1

Rookie

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 15 sept. 05
Lieu : Enfield London - UK
Membre no 70,025

I have an emac G4 running OSX 10.39. It has no PCI slot but does have 2 firewire ports (400 only I think). I intend to use Pro tools Plug ins and was thinking of going the "M_ powered" route. Will the M audio firewire range be compatible with the emac?

Is it worth the extra expense (assuming it all works) to go for 192 converters. The main query tho, is the compatibility issue. Anyone using the emac for music?

Many thanks

Phil Murphy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s) (1 - 2)
TheCatman
posté lun. 12 déc. 2005, 00:19
Message #2

Inscrit : 06 janv. 04
Lieu : Bergen - NO
Membre no 32,600

The eMac has 2 firewire ports, more than 1ghz of cpu, and at least 512mb of ram, right? You should have no troubble using protools m-powered with this setup.

I have owned several m-audio products, both usb and firewire, and they all worked flawlessly with my iBook G4. Your eMac is more powerful than my iBook, so there is no problem. The m-powered version of PT works fine with my Fast Track USB, so if you m-audio card is an external one, youre good to go.

You can download a 30 day triel of ProTools m-powered for free from www.m-audio.com You might have to upgrade the drivers for you m-audio sound card, but that really is no hassle.

Good luck with your setup, and have fun making music with the light version of the most powerful DAW in the biz.

Ps. Make shure you have alot of ram. 712megs at least. If you can afford it, max out your eMacs RAM. It is alpha and omega for PT.

Stian

--------------------
@ home:
iBook G4+FastTrack+Logic 7 - Just for fun

in the studio:
Dual G5+PT7LE+Logic 7+Live+Reason - They Get The Job Done

+Quote Post
Foxyphil
posté lun. 12 déc. 2005, 01:27
Message #3

Rookie

Inscrit : 15 sept. 05
Lieu : Enfield London - UK
Membre no 70,025

Thanks for that. Im being tempted by the Presonus Firebox - but I may be best sticking to the Pro Tools option M audio provides. Thx for your help. phil
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mercredi 25 sept. 2024, 22:13
- © MacMusic 1997-2008