MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Protools 6.4 And Digo002 Error -1133,, ProTools Error -1133
MacMorocco
posté ven. 20 mai 2005, 04:54
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 20 mai 05
Lieu : - US
Membre no 65,907

Hi,

I am sick and tired of ProTools.

I recently bought a digi002, that came with PT-LE 6.4 (I later received the upgrade to 6.7). Today, I tried to install PT-6.4 along with digi002 on my G5-OS10/Tiger. I followed every bit of instruction. Then when I try to launch the software, I get an error message sayoing "Digidesign hardware is in use by another application (-1133).

Please help, I have no idea where to go from here.

'Digidesign hardware is in use by another application. (-1133)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s) (1 - 8)
banevt
posté ven. 20 mai 2005, 09:49
Message #2

Inscrit : 06 nov. 03
Lieu : Los Angeles - US
Membre no 28,332

What applications are open when you try to launch Pro Tools?
The digidesign core audio driver will try to use your digi 002 to play sound for most of your applications. Try to quit all apps before launching Pro Tools.

+Quote Post
MacMorocco
posté ven. 20 mai 2005, 15:15
Message #3

Membre no 65,907

Thank you Banevt.

I have G5Mac, MacOS10 Tiger, I have Reason, Itunes, Peak, SoudSoap, but they are all closed when I try to install ProTools.

What else should I close?

You see, I install Protools following instructions from manual, then hook digi002 to my G5, then launch Protools, and even before it asks me for Authorization Code, it gives me this terrible message that I hate:

"Digidesign hardware is in use by another application (-1133)"

So what else can I do? I mean this is a $2400 digi002, I am not going to sit around and look at it like that, I mean helloooo

Help please!!! I have to do some sound design soon...

+Quote Post
PristineRec
posté ven. 20 mai 2005, 15:59
Message #4

Inscrit : 15 janv. 04
Lieu : Chicago - US
Membre no 33,284

From the Digidesign website:

"Mac OS X 10.4 — Currently Not Compatible with Pro Tools"

I think the only problem you are having is that Digidesign has not yet updated Pro Tools to be compatible with Tiger. They released a memo the week that Tiger was came out stating that a compatibility update would be available in "6 to 8 weeks" from that time.

That's why I am sticking with Panther for at least a few more weeks.

+Quote Post
MacMorocco
posté ven. 20 mai 2005, 17:48
Message #5

Membre no 65,907

PristineARec:

oh man, you maybe right. I tried everybit of help I could find here and all over the cyberspace, nothing works.

Do you think I can remove this Tiger OS and go back to Panther? Had I known there will be a problem, I would never upgraded to Tiger. You see, Digidesign SUCK big time, they have our emails, we digi002 owners, they should normally send us emails and alert us on Tiger compatibility. This sucks and is a waste of time and money. What am I supposed to do now? look at my beautiful digi002 and do nothing?

I called apple and told them about the problem, they said they cannot help, that digidesign is where to seek help. I sent tons of emails to digidesign, Their customer support/tech suport SUCKS big time. NO word from them so far. And these guys on the phone, you cannot reach them. They take 2 hours at lunch time, you cant reach them at lunch time.

Sucks!!!

+Quote Post
MacMorocco
posté ven. 20 mai 2005, 17:50
Message #6

Membre no 65,907

QUOTE (PristineRec @ May 20 2005, 14:59)
From the Digidesign website:

"Mac OS X 10.4 — Currently Not Compatible with Pro Tools"

I think the only problem you are having is that Digidesign has not yet updated Pro Tools to be compatible with Tiger. They released a memo the week that Tiger was came out stating that a compatibility update would be available in "6 to 8 weeks" from that time.

That's why I am sticking with Panther for at least a few more weeks.

So you think when this update is released, I can just download it , install it and then try ProTools again?

I have Protools 6.4m and the upgrade to 6.7.

I tried these digi002 on my laptop XP, works great. But I prefer Mac for audio, because all my audio softs are on Mac, and for mac only...

+Quote Post
MrDee
posté sam. 28 mai 2005, 08:28
Message #7

Inscrit : 04 janv. 04
Lieu : Brisbane - AU
Membre no 32,416

The version that will be compatible it seems will be 6.9.2 --- which means an upgrade. If you have 6.7, then it's a free upgrade i think, however if, like me, you don't.... then time to pay for compatibility. Fantastic wink.gif

+Quote Post
populaire
posté lun. 20 juin 2005, 14:31
Message #8

Inscrit : 20 juin 05
Lieu : Tarnok - HU
Membre no 67,003

SUCKS.... I use the same digi002 with DualG5 2.5 and I can't use my audio interface under OSX 10.4..

Is anybody know when will be ready the new core audio driver for Tiger?

+Quote Post
MrDee
posté mar. 21 juin 2005, 01:35
Message #9

Inscrit : 04 janv. 04
Lieu : Brisbane - AU
Membre no 32,416

Apparently the core audio driver for 10.3.9 kinda works on tiger - so you might get some functionality out of ur hardware under ANOTHER sequencer ie DP or Logic. Funny that.

I downloaded it and it seems to run, haven't put on the MBox yet though.

There are a lot of users stuck in dead water because the newer G5s refuse to run panther, or if you forcefeed it to them, they'll go crazy.

Why oh why is the 'top' of the audio so far behind, when every other audio app is working (ie DP, Cubase, Logic)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (5 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - samedi 19 oct. 2024, 23:36
- © MacMusic 1997-2008