MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Virtual Pc For Mac Version 7
grek30
posté mar. 7 déc. 2004, 12:46
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 01 juil. 03
Lieu : Warren - US
Membre no 20,476

Will this really run ALL Windows based pc programs? I assume that would mean music production programs as well??

Anyone using it now???

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebO....0.6.13.11.29.3
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s) (1 - 6)
erstokke
posté mar. 7 déc. 2004, 21:05
Message #2

Inscrit : 11 oct. 04
Lieu : Hosle - NO
Membre no 53,047

Virtual PC is running a real version of Windows XP, so it should be able to run any true XP-compatible program.

Version 7 is a huge improvement over earlier versions, with which I had problems accessing hardware (network, printers etc).

The new version also seems a lot more stable and user-friendly.

I have not tried it with music programs and hardware.

Jan Erik

+Quote Post
CanadaRAM
posté mer. 8 déc. 2004, 06:28
Message #3

Rookie

Inscrit : 29 nov. 04
Lieu : Victoria - CA
Membre no 55,783

Microsoft Windows is running in "virtual" hardware; each normal hardware function of the PC has to be simulated in software and then translated out to the Mac hardware that will provide the interface. Microsoft doesn't make specifications easily available on their site; however all of the interface issues mentioned have to do with printers, scanners, networks and CD drives, no mention of audio.

I have not tried VPC with audio software, but I would be very surprised if any pro audio software/hardware worked correctly. For example, although you may be able to install Gigastudio and its drivers, how would you make it address a Mac interface which did not support GSIF?

It is also much slower than Windows on a Pentium machine, timing problems would be another key issue for any audio program.

I suggest looking at VirtualPC only if you have a text-based or non-audio Windows application that you must run. Accounting program? Sure. Acid? Forget it.

Thanks
Trevor
CanadaRAM.com

+Quote Post
MrDee
posté jeu. 9 déc. 2004, 05:23
Message #4

Inscrit : 04 janv. 04
Lieu : Brisbane - AU
Membre no 32,416

can i just ask why'd you would want this for music software? does that not defeat the purpose of having a mac!?

acid and fruityloops - if u really really want to use these you may as well buy a pc they are cheap as chips nowdays anyways.

to answer your question though - no they will not run music software adequetly enough.

+Quote Post
grek30
posté jeu. 9 déc. 2004, 12:13
Message #5

Inscrit : 01 juil. 03
Lieu : Warren - US
Membre no 20,476

I bought Cool Edit Pro recently and use it on my laptop.., just curious in it would run on the mac to.

+Quote Post
SupaSandeep
posté ven. 10 déc. 2004, 01:22
Message #6

Inscrit : 06 juil. 04
Lieu : Corona - US
Membre no 46,384

fyi, cool edit pro was bought by adobe and is now adobe audition, im a big fan of it too biggrin.gif ....

i guess im the first person here who's actually using vpc 7 , it's okkkk, better then vpc6 but still your running an os on top of an os so it's pretty slow, i'd say forget about using it for audio programs, waaayyy too slow for that, maybe some simple audio editing but thats about it, also it doesnt go full screen (or at least i havent figured out how too, which is annoyin because you're workin in a pretty small space. i personally dont reccommend, but for a the few minor programs that are on pc and not mac it does the job

+Quote Post
prosthetix
posté jeu. 18 août 2005, 14:54
Message #7

Rookie

Inscrit : 03 mai 05
Lieu : Glenelg South - AU
Membre no 65,139

so im not the only one that would want to see adobe audition out for osx then? seriously, its not a bad F***ING idea

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - dimanche 22 sept. 2024, 22:15
- © MacMusic 1997-2008