MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Click And Pops Recording Through Edirol, clicks and pops
drox
posté jeu. 23 oct. 2003, 03:53
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 26 févr. 03
Lieu : Sydney - AU
Membre no 13,227

Heres a newbie query.

While recoding into peak 3.0 trough a edirol UA-1A I have recently started to notice very audible clicks and pops on playback of my recordings.

The signal level is not clipping.... Just curious if there is a setting within peak that needs adjustments. Ive tested the ouput through Itunes and its fine.

Im sure its something quite simple. Thanks for any hints in advance.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s) (1 - 1)
spankypdx
posté lun. 8 déc. 2003, 05:09
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 08 déc. 03
Lieu : Portland - US
Membre no 30,624

I've been having the same problem using my Edirol UA-5 and Deck 3.5 (also a BIAS product) and I reduced it to where it's usually only slightly annoying by fiddling around with the buffer settings. I also noticed that the clicks and pops are not as bad when monitoring is turned off (just use the Edirol's built in headphone jack or monitor it at the source from whatever mixing board you're using) Also it helps to reboot the computer just before beginning to record a session, and to make sure there aren't any other USB devices connected to any of the ports other than the bare minimum keyboard, mouse, and audio interface.

Unfortunately I haven't found a way to completely eliminate the clicks and pops altogether, though they're much less noticeable in other software programs -- check out Metro 6 by Sagan Technologies for an affordable yet powerful DAW package -- the pops and clicks are ultimately the reason I'm upgrading to a Firewire interface and scrapping this USB gig altogether.

Pete

--------------------
I tried practicing for a few weeks and ended up playing too fast. - Paul Desmond, Alto Sax
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - mardi 22 oct. 2024, 16:37
- © MacMusic 1997-2008