MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> Logic 7 Express / External Fx Processor / Spdif, Help me get L7E to talk to FX over SPDIF
StrutterAtlanta
posté mer. 1 juin 2005, 23:34
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 01 juin 05
Lieu : Atlanta - US
Membre no 66,350

I'm a new Logic user trying to get Express to talk to my MPX500 Effects processor using the S/PDIF connection. Everything is connected properly through a Presonus Firebox, and I have no trouble recording on inputs 1 - 4 of the Firebox into Logic Express.

However, I can't figure out how to route a track to the external processor. In PTLE it was a simple matter of choosing to send signal to the SPDIF outs as if it were another plug-in. I don't understand how Logic chooses to handle it.

I've poked around in the Audio Mixer with Audio Outputs and Audio Inputs but I still don't see how to send signal I've recorded on one of the audio tracks to the FX processor.

Can someone enlighten me in clear, simple steps a Newbie can understand?

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s) (1 - 2)
coldharbour
posté jeu. 2 juin 2005, 08:08
Message #2

Inscrit : 14 mars 05
Lieu : -
Membre no 62,351

QUOTE (StrutterAtlanta @ Jun 1 2005, 22:34)
However, I can't figure out how to route a track to the external processor. In PTLE it was a simple matter of choosing to send signal to the SPDIF outs as if it were another plug-in. I don't understand how Logic chooses to handle it.

So you want to use your external FX processor like a plug-in?

Unfortunately, that is not possible in Logic. I hope they will add the feature soon, but currently the only softwares I know to be able to handle it are ProTools and Nuendo.

Please somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

+Quote Post
StrutterAtlanta
posté jeu. 2 juin 2005, 15:50
Message #3

Inscrit : 01 juin 05
Lieu : Atlanta - US
Membre no 66,350

Yes, you're correct - I want to use the external processor as a plug-in. Wow. It was so easy in PTLE.

Guess it's time to eBay the MPX500 and get a UAD-1...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - lundi 23 sept. 2024, 06:22
- © MacMusic 1997-2008