MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité
> How To Get 5.1 Audio Out!, What card? What monitor setup?
DigitalAssault
posté mar. 16 nov. 2004, 09:15
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 16 nov. 04
Lieu : Kitchener - CA
Membre no 55,060

Hey everyone! I recently purchased a dual 1.8 G5 tower strictly for music... I have been a PC user in the past but there were too many distractions so I am getting an audio production only machine.

My question is... What would you suggest for a solution to output 5.1 audio on the G5? Is there a particular internal card or external box you would suggest? What about a good audio monitoring package?

My major concern is not cost. Like most of us here, my main concern is longterm reliability and support for the products.

Also, I have used Cubase previously and was thinking about moving to Logic Pro (Apples all out support can't be a bad thing!). Can I use Logic to program my tracks for 5.1? Is Cubase SX3 a viable option vs Logic Pro 7 anymore?

I generally produce on my own: dance, triphop and chillout music. No big recording sessions with a band scheduled any time soon!

(Also, I am only inputting via Midi (usb is fine for that) and need some basic audio in functionality for sampling from my records and a real synth now and then.)

Any suggestions would be greatly appriciated! I realise this is a big question so thanks in advance for your help! Your advice does make a difference!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Réponse(s) (1 - 1)
Nolot
posté ven. 19 nov. 2004, 11:53
Message #2

Marketing
Icône de groupe

Groupe : Editors
Inscrit : 06 juin 02
Lieu : FR
Membre no 4,985

Hi there,

i could easily suggest degidesign digi 002.
It has 5.1 capabilities and is delivered with ProTools 6 LE.
The convertors are very good and ProTools is of great ease of use.
You can also work with logic on top if you are in heavy midi programming.

You can also purchase ProTools TDM system but that is something much more expensive.

It is an option.
Hope this help,
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - samedi 19 oct. 2024, 15:36
- © MacMusic 1997-2008