MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Help With Mbox Hardware Issues Please, see title
baslow
posté sam. 18 nov. 2006, 03:18
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 18 nov. 06
Lieu : CA
Membre no 85,394

G'day I just came across this forum and am thankful it exists... I need some help, I've been running my mbox system for sometime and i recently came upon two issues...one of which is more important and pressing... twice lately have I started up protoools and upon listening to the tracks noticed it sounds like hell.... the volume is way down, and if i turn it up, it distorts... a typical volume setting on the mbox is distorted and still a little quiet...the first time this happened I accidentally fixed it by squeezing the mbox on both sides near the top and the sound fixed itself....well it's happened again......and that fix isnt working..... It's fairly obvious that it's in the hardware......Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do.......If it's a simple fix, or worth just opening it up at all.... any help would be great....

the other issue is the second input doesnt really like to let the microphone out once it's plugged in... it never used to do this, but it's a lot of work to get it out....I've avoided using the second input with my mic and it works fine with the 1st...so far cant tell why that is....just wondering if nayone else has experienced this

anyways thanks a lot, hopefully someone's seen these before
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
posté dim. 19 nov. 2006, 10:55
Message #2

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Icône de groupe

Groupe : Editors
Inscrit : 23 déc. 01
Lieu : Paris - FR
Membre no 2,758

I don't remember this peculiar one unfortunately, It smells the repair shop as there's seemingly an hardware issue looming hard.

If there's a reset path for the interface, try it, but I think something is out of order (cracked solder or dead component) sad.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post
baslow
posté lun. 20 nov. 2006, 22:04
Message #3

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 18 nov. 06
Lieu : CA
Membre no 85,394

QUOTE (lepetitmartien @ Sun 19 Nov 2006, 10:55) *
I don't remember this peculiar one unfortunately, It smells the repair shop as there's seemingly an hardware issue looming hard.

If there's a reset path for the interface, try it, but I think something is out of order (cracked solder or dead component) sad.gif

Thanks anywyas... I'm trying to use the repair shop as a last resort...but it seems I may be at this position....LE SIGH....anyways, if you can think of anything let me know, but thanks for hte reply

+Quote Post
lepetitmartien
posté mar. 21 nov. 2006, 00:49
Message #4

Moderator In Chief (MIC)
Icône de groupe

Groupe : Editors
Inscrit : 23 déc. 01
Lieu : Paris - FR
Membre no 2,758

QUOTE (baslow @ sam 18 nov 2006, 03:18) *
the first time this happened I accidentally fixed it by squeezing the mbox on both sides near the top and the sound fixed itself....well it's happened again......and that fix isnt working..... It's fairly obvious that it's in the hardware......

the other issue is the second input doesnt really like to let the microphone out once it's plugged in... it never used to do this, but it's a lot of work to get it out....
These are the things that make me think there's something fishy in the hardware.

If it's still under warranty, I'd let Digi dive in. If not, it depends of your level of DIY, and as i've never opened these things I can't tell if it's easy or not inside. The first issue looks like a defect component and/or bad/broken soldering, the second must be a dead connector.

sad.gif

--------------------
Our Classifeds • Nos petites annoncesTerms Of Service / Conditions d'UtilisationForum Rules / Règles des ForumsMacMusic.Org & SETI@Home
BOING BUMM TSCHAK PENG! Are you musician enough to write in our Wiki?
BOING BUMM TSCHAK ZZZZZZZZZZZOING! Êtes-vous assez musicien pour écrire dans le Wiki?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - dimanche 6 oct. 2024, 19:28
- © MacMusic 1997-2008