MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Having 2 Sounds On 2 Totally Different Keyboards
Drumkey87
posté mer. 23 août 2006, 01:55
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 23 août 06
Lieu : Franklin - US
Membre no 82,532

I have 2 keyboards running through midi and I was wondering how I could get 2 different sounds on both keyboards. For example on one keyboard I want it to be just piano. And on the other keyboard I want it to be just a synth. If someone could explain to me how to do it that would be awesome! Would be even better though to have just a template. If anyone could help me out that would be great! Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
misio
posté jeu. 24 août 2006, 17:45
Message #2

Inscrit : 17 juin 04
Lieu : Kraków - PL
Membre no 45,295

QUOTE (Drumkey87 @ Wed 23 Aug 2006, 00:55) *
I have 2 keyboards running through midi and I was wondering how I could get 2 different sounds on both keyboards. For example on one keyboard I want it to be just piano. And on the other keyboard I want it to be just a synth. If someone could explain to me how to do it that would be awesome! Would be even better though to have just a template. If anyone could help me out that would be great! Thanks.

It's not so easy... Three solutions:

1. easy - two MIDI ins in your interface. If you have them, you just plug each of the keyboards to one of MIDI ins and choose appropriate MIDI port and MIDI in for each of synths in preference window in Logic (this is not a window in fact, but part of the arrange window, on the left, which changes as you switch the tracks).

2. medium difficult - if one of your keyboards has a MIDI out/thru port (I mean the plug named MIDI out/thru - not out and thru separated) and you have one MIDI port in your computer, you plug kb 1 out to kb 2 in, kb 2 out/thru to computer in (some keyboards' MIDI out works or can be adjusted to work as MIDI out/thru). Then you adjust MIDI channel 1 for kb 1 and MIDI channel 2 for kb 2 and do the same in Logic instrument preference sub-window in arrange, but both on the same port.

3. difficult - if you don't have the MIDI out/thru port in any of your keyboards and only one MIDI port in your computer, you have to buy a MIDI merger, then connect both keyboards to MIDI ins of the merger, and MIDI out to the computer and adjust keyboards and Logic as in point 2 of this text.

smile.gif

+Quote Post
gdoubleyou
posté jeu. 24 août 2006, 23:36
Message #3

Maniac Member

Inscrit : 12 oct. 01
Lieu : Kirkland
Membre no 2,002

Make sure omni mode is off (receives all midi channels), set each keyboard to different midi channels.

not hard at all.

cool.gif

--------------------
G-Dub

+Quote Post
misio
posté ven. 25 août 2006, 10:13
Message #4

Inscrit : 17 juin 04
Lieu : Kraków - PL
Membre no 45,295

QUOTE (gdoubleyou @ Thu 24 Aug 2006, 22:36) *
Make sure omni mode is off (receives all midi channels), set each keyboard to different midi channels.

not hard at all.

cool.gif

Not hard, if you have two physical MIDI inputs in your computer. If not, how do you want to plug this two keyboards?

+Quote Post
Drumkey87
posté ven. 25 août 2006, 14:54
Message #5

Inscrit : 23 août 06
Lieu : Franklin - US
Membre no 82,532

QUOTE (gdoubleyou @ Thu 24 Aug 2006, 17:36) *

not hard at all.

cool.gif

Where is omni mode at?

+Quote Post
lancet
posté ven. 25 août 2006, 16:01
Message #6

Inscrit : 07 juil. 04
Lieu : - US
Membre no 46,480

QUOTE (Drumkey87 @ Fri 25 Aug 2006, 09:54) *
Where is omni mode at?

on the keyboard , somewhere. don't know where 'cause we don't know what keyboards you have.

usually in your synth setup , or midi setup. or at the end of the list of midi channels. or with the omni button, or with the mode button, depending on the keyboard.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - samedi 21 sept. 2024, 21:13
- © MacMusic 1997-2008