MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Control panel shows no source for recording, Audio Recording Problem
posté mer. 16 mai 2001, 04:49
Message #1

Groupe :
Inscrit : --
Membre no 0

I am getting a message on the sound input section of the sound control panel which says 'There is no source for recording.' Everything has worked fine for 2 years+, there was no reason for this capability to disappear, I did nothing different and did not add any new software. I record several audio files for my clients so this is a major problem which needs to be fixed immediately. Please respond with suggestions.

Joe Phelps
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
abbie
posté mer. 16 mai 2001, 16:52
Message #2

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 01 mars 01
Lieu : Orleans - CA
Membre no 322

I had a similar problem where none of my recording programs saw an input source. This happened after I did some disk defragging and directory optimization although it could have been caused by something else that I did. I have a freeware version of Tech Tools which, while not telling me the specific error, it did tell me that I had a system software problem.

Anyhow, I got out of this mess by re-installing the OS. Not a complete re-install but a refresh or whatever the word is that describes the process of re-installing the OS without losing any of your own settings. Anyhow, this took about ten minutes to do and solved the problem. I am using OS 8.6.

--------------------
Abbie

+Quote Post
posté mer. 16 mai 2001, 17:14
Message #3

Groupe :
Membre no 0

Abbie,

Thanks so much for your helpful reply. Can you tell me exactly how to accomplish this refreshing of the system software?

You are a life saver, thank you!!!

Joe Phelps

+Quote Post
posté mer. 16 mai 2001, 18:59
Message #4

Groupe :
Membre no 0

Abbie,

It worked, I figured it out and got everything restored! Thank you so much!

Joe Phelps

+Quote Post
abbie
posté jeu. 17 mai 2001, 17:27
Message #5

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 01 mars 01
Lieu : Orleans - CA
Membre no 322

Glad it worked out for you, I will have to admit that I had a mild heart attack when I encountered this problem and I don't make my living out of recording!

Bonne chance...

--------------------
Abbie

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - jeudi 19 sept. 2024, 19:55
- © MacMusic 1997-2008