MacMusic.org  |  PcMusic.org  |  440Software  |  440Forums.com  |  440Tv  |  Zicos.com  |  AudioLexic.org
Loading... visiteurs connectés
Bienvenue invité

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Crossfade Tool, Audio fade -in fade-out
edwolf
posté dim. 20 août 2006, 17:27
Message #1

Groupe : Members
Inscrit : 08 oct. 05
Lieu : Howell - US
Membre no 71,010

Hi
Can someone help out with using the crossfade tool. I followed Sitter's lesson 9 but can't seem to get it to work. Also checked the reference manual but no luck there either. I keep draging across a magnified audio region but nothing is happening.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
brendan
posté jeu. 24 août 2006, 10:33
Message #2

Rookie

Inscrit : 07 avril 05
Lieu : New York - US
Membre no 63,677

QUOTE (edwolf @ Sun 20 Aug 2006, 16:27) *
Hi
Can someone help out with using the crossfade tool. I followed Sitter's lesson 9 but can't seem to get it to work. Also checked the reference manual but no luck there either. I keep draging across a magnified audio region but nothing is happening.

Dear Edwolf,

I had problems with this too, when I switched from ProTools LE to Logic. I hope this describes your problem:

1. you've got two pieces of audio next to each other
2. one is probably overlapping the other somewhat
3. when you try to drag with the crossfade tool from one to the other, nothing's happening.

The trick is that Logic won't do the crossfade at that spot unless there isn't an overlap between the two pieces of audio--at least, not very much of an overlap. Select one and then the other and see which is overlapping at the spot where you want the fade, and then drag the end of the first and the beginning of the next until they are next to each other, but not overlapping.

Then try drawing your crossfade--it oughta work. Let me know if this helps.

best,

Brendan

+Quote Post
brendan
posté jeu. 24 août 2006, 11:21
Message #3

Rookie

Inscrit : 07 avril 05
Lieu : New York - US
Membre no 63,677

had another thought: the pull-down menu in the top right of the arrange window has the following options:

overlap
no overlap
crossfade
shuffle R
shuffle L

If you choose "crossfade" then Logic will automatically set up crossfades for overlapping regions of audio.

+Quote Post
misio
posté ven. 25 août 2006, 10:22
Message #4

Inscrit : 17 juin 04
Lieu : Kraków - PL
Membre no 45,295

[quote name='brendan' date='Thu 24 Aug 2006, 09:33' post='206321']
[quote name='edwolf' post='205786' date='Sun 20 Aug 2006, 16:27']
Hi
[/quote]

I have this problem with in and out fades. When I draw it with the crossfade tool, nothing happens, however fade is hearable. Looks like a bug. To make it visible I adjust the fade's lenght in the part parameter sub-window at the left side of the arrange window. Maybe it's the same with crossfades?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 utilisateur(s) sur ce sujet (1 invité(s) et 0 utilisateur(s) anonyme(s))
0 membre(s) :

Version bas débit - samedi 21 sept. 2024, 15:47
- © MacMusic 1997-2008